Amazon is looking for an outstanding Business Intelligence Engineer to join the Amazon Customer Fulfillment Finance BI team. Are you passionate about big data and analytics? Does working in one of the world’s largest data environment excite you? Do you want to be a critical part of a high-growth business that is fundamentally changing an industry? Rapidly increasing data volume and complexity makes this a constant challenge and therefore an exciting place to work in!
The ideal candidate will not only raise the bar on retrieving and analyzing data but is a person who wants to be an active participant with a strong curiosity to understand the business end-to-end, proactively dive into issues as they arise, and has a track record of using data to influence decision makers. Moreover, a successful candidate will possess superb business judgment, is highly detail oriented, and is comfortable dealing with multiple priorities in a fast paced environment. BIEs also continuously learn new systems, tools, and industry best practices to help design new studies and build new tools that help our team automate, and accelerate analytics.
· Simplify and automate reporting, and other data-driven activities; build solutions to have maximum scale and self-service ability by stakeholders.
· Improve back-end data sources for increased accuracy and simplicity.
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
· Understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
· Conduct deep dive analyses of business problems and formulate conclusions and recommendations to be presented to senior leadership.
· Support business with time-critical tactical data analyses.
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Informatics, Statistics or an equivalent quantitative field
· Advanced SQL, extensive experience with databases, data management, data warehousing
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in data visualization platforms (Excel, Power BI, QuickSight, Tableau, etc.)
· Solid business acumen, ability to bridge business and tech sides
· Fluent written and oral communication in English
· Experience with Microsoft BI technologies, e.g. SQL Server, SSIS and/or SSAS
· Experience with AWS services including S3 and Redshift
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, and deliver impact on business intelligence tasks.
· Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.